The MicroC 2000® series glycerin-based products are the most cost-effective non-hazardous carbon sources on the market.
MicroC® 2000 series products are widely used in denitrification, Enhanced Biological Phosphorus Removal (EBPR), and Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD) addition applications.
A non-hazardous glycerin-based carbon source, MicroC® 2000 supports both denitrification and biological phosphorus removal with superior kinetics. MicroC® 2000 has a very high COD value (1,100,000 mg COD/L) and is the lowest cost, non-hazardous product on a $/lb COD basis available in the market.
- Eliminates flammability and toxicity concerns of traditional chemicals such as methanol
- Provides capital cost savings vs. installation of flammable liquid storage and feed system
- Non-hazardous product enables rapid and flexible deployment of carbon augmentation solutions
- Rapid start-up/acclimation
- Superior cold weather performance
- Derived from abundant, renewable resources produced in the United States vs. largely imported fossil-fuel derived carbon sources (methanol)
- USDA BioPreferred designation
Consistent and Superior Quality
- Rigorous end-to-end quality control program
- Consistent Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) values
- No product degradation during long-term storage