The MicroC® 1000 series is a proprietary carbohydrate-based and non-hazardous product for nitrate removal or BOD supplementation.
MicroC® 1000 series products are best suited for small municipal, package/decentralized and commercial/residential wastewater treatment facilities that require a safe, clean and consistent carbon source for nitrate removal and/or BOD supplementation.
Delivering consistent and superior quality, MicroC® 1000 products undergo rigorous end-to-end quality control, offer consistent chemical oxygen demand (COD) values, and suffer no product degradation during long-term storage.
- Eliminates flammability and toxicity concerns of traditional chemicals such as methanol
- Provides capital cost savings vs. installation of flammable liquid storage and feed system
- Non-hazardous product enables rapid and flexible deployment of carbon augmentation solutions
- Rapid start-up/acclimation
- Superior cold weather performance
- Derived from abundant, renewable resources produced in the United States vs. largely imported fossil-fuel derived carbon sources (methanol)
- USDA BioPreferred designation