Since 2003, Environmental Operating Solutions, Inc. (EOSi) has been committed to “Empowering Clean Water” and has led the industry in helping its customers to comply with increasingly stringent discharge regulations for nitrogen, phosphorus, selenium and perchlorate contamination. EOSi builds long-term partnerships with its customers by providing complete treatment solutions that typically include its proprietary, environmentally sustainable MicroC® supplemental carbon products, process monitoring and control systems, and highly qualified process engineers, who provide on-going technical support. EOSi’s goal is to ensure its customers maintain environmental permit compliance at the lowest possible cost.
As a result, EOSi’s team of 30+ employees have become the #1 provider of supplemental carbon programs to the U.S. water treatment industry, serving more than 600 customer sites from a network of 20 manufacturing sites across the U.S. EOSi is based in Pocasset, Massachusetts. EOSi, Nexom and EDI are part of a nutrient removal platform formed by KKR and XPV Water Partners. KKR is a leading global investment firm and the platform is part of the Firm’s Global Impact strategy. XPV Water Partners is the leading private equity firm focused exclusively on making a difference in water.
Environmental Operating Solutions Inc. (EOSi) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. EOSi maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment background checks.
Position: Office Assistant
The Office Assistant is a part time non-exempt position reporting directly to the Senior Accountant. This role operates within the EOSi headquarters located in Pocasset, Massachusetts. The schedule will be Monday-Thursday 9-4pm.
Assist the Finance Department with the following:
- Entering bills into the Epicor ERP system
- Create and enter purchase orders as needed for the engineering and laboratory departments and manage AP process for these purchases
- New customer setup including credit reference checks and customer detail entry into the ERP system
- Accounts Payable items:
- Review entries from the Operations team for accuracy (i.e invoice date, amount, correct vendor, due date)
- Prepare outbound AP via check, file paperwork with the appropriate vendor file and manage postage for outbound payments
- Assist with AP inquiries and data collection for vendors
- Complete vendor audit requests received via email or USPS.
- Accounts Receivable items:
- Assist finance team with outstanding AR and collections
- Assist with audit requests
- Work closely with the Senior Accountant and Accountant to perform other duties as needed.
Assist the Operations and Admin Departments with the following:
- Assist with mailing of supplies and paperwork to our vendors as needed
- Support the IT department with basic requests, for example, following instructions to set-up new computers and decommission old computers.
- Assist with paper filing
- Order office supplies as needed
- Sort incoming mail and packages
- Prepare outbound mail and packages/labels as needed.
- Answer and triage inbound calls to the correct employee.
- Greet all visitors and direct to the correct location.
- Assist with general office duties including scheduling contractors to perform work on site.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel).
- Experience in ERP/Business Management Software (Epicor) desired.
- A strong team player who is professional and courteous.
- Strong department and inter-department coordination required.
- A quick learner with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, customer service management and organizational skills.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Edited: January 2024