1) Supply Chain Manager - Asia Pacific (BOURNE, MA OR REMOTE IN WEST COAST)
The Supply Chain Manager - APAC is a new role created in support of our emerging market presence in the Asia Pacific region. This role is responsible for positioning EOSi as an in-region market leader in raw material segments. In scaling and maintaining our international business, this U.S. based position will deliver market leading COGS and supply chain leadership (tactical / strategic) arising from vendor prospecting, to creating purchase contracts, and ongoing vendor management, with support for domestic business as required. Collaborative efforts with VP Operations and Asia Pacific Sales Director.
• COGS control and Operating Margin Expansion (OMX) in assigned vendor categories: raw material, transportation and manufacturing
• Develop into market recognized expert in assigned raw materials
• Analyze and report macro-economic dynamics impacting vendor markets (ex: geo-political climate, federal / local policies, forex, maritime transport, grains, energy)
• Develop supply chain risk mitigation strategies and action plans
• Negotiate and execute purchases within assigned Delegation of Authority
• Communicate with international vendors during their normal business hours
• Provide support in identifying innovative practices for utilizing non-conforming raw materials, and support in identifying new raw materials
• Coordinate and execute on-site vendor audits
• Develop and maintain relevant KPIs (ex: COGS PtP, COGS forecast, PPV, OTD %, other)
• Maintain inventory replenishment metrics (ex: lead time, MOQ / EOQ, safety stock, in-transit and on-hand inventories)
• Cross-departmental collaboration with sales team, including COGS forecast and quoting resources
• Assist accounting department with month, quarterly, and annual closing
• Collaborate with other departments to manage identify, develop, improve, and execute written procedures
• Develop and achieve KPIs relevant to functional and individual performance
• Direct daily raw material shipments
• Extensive international and domestic travel. Expect intervals of extended 2 week international travel
• Other duties as assigned
2) Inside Sales / Marketing Specialist
EOSi seeks an Inside Sales / Marketing Specialist (IS/MS) to join our dynamic sales team. The role will report directly to the VP of Sales & Marketing. The IS/MS will be responsible for sales administration / transactions to smaller decentralized / package customers, lead management tracking, digital marketing campaigns, research projects and market / business analysis, and general Marcom related duties.
1) Manage sales transactions and customer support for existing, as well as new, smaller decentralized business:
- Actively manage decentralized customers and prospects by developing relationships and leveraging these to acquire new customers.
- Identify new decentralized opportunities to sell packaged EOSi products
- Primary customer interface responsible for solving problems associated with the use of the Company’s products.
- Use of Salesforce.com, as a CRM tool; enter updates accordingly to maintain customer database and sales funnel.
- Use Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook to report activities, managing decentralized business development activities and financial performance for the accounts.
- Develop / support marketing campaigns to targeted decentralized customer segments
2) MarCom / Lead generation / funnel management:
- Provide lead management tracking from several research / bid management tools, including website inquiries; all leads will be tracked though Salesforce CRM
- Assist with digital marketing campaigns, media pushes, email blasts, tradeshow updates, etc.
- Manage updates for social media including LinkedIn, Website, Twitter and Facebook marketing efforts
- Assist with website and Salesforce CRM upgrades, as well as ongoing maintenance and management for these as well as other sales tools
- Assist Sales Operations in the coordination of any tradeshows.
- Conduct completive market analysis, monitor and report competitive information; examples include competitive product updates, pricing, and customer wins.
- Assist with managing marketing collateral (e.g. case studies, technical notes) as appropriate.
3) Market / Business Analysis:
- Support strategic sales and marketing projects through in-depth market and customer segmentation studies and research.
- Generate market and competitive analysis-based reports as needed.
3) Laboratory Manager
• Oversee all aspects of EOSi’s laboratory activities including the QA/QC program for EOSi’s MicroC® products, R&D activities, EHSS Program and QMS Program related to laboratory activities
• Manage laboratory workflow including oversight of 1 Laboratory Technician and 1 Chemist
• Manage laboratory expense vs. budget
• Maintain compliance with local, state and national EHS requirements including the company’s hazardous waste program and safety program related to the laboratory activities
• This position will require occasional lab work to support the QA/QC team.
• Routine lab work includes titrations, Karl Fischer, GD-FID, Flashpoint, NIR, Test-N-Tube analysis
• GC-FID and NIR Methods Development Strongly Preferred
• Data Analysis, record keeping, COA generation for production of EOSi’s MicroC products
• New raw material candidate analysis, interpretation and report generation for EOSi’s supply chain team
• Liaise between the supply chain, operations, laboratory, sales and technical teams to meet end product specifications, expand raw material portfolio, maintain inventory goals and cost objectives
• Support EOSi’s network of contract manufacturers related to the manufacturing of MicroC® products and in alignment with EOSi’s Operations Team
• Experience with quality control programs and procedures; good record keeping skills; maintain equipment logs and other facets of the QC program
R&D and Product Development Program:
• Support R&D activities, new product development, treatability/feasibility studies as directed by the President and Commercial Teams
• Design, schedule, track and oversee product development at all stages of process with support from management
Work Environment and Fit:
• Ability to simultaneously manage laboratory work and office work in a busy daily work environment
• Maintains effective communication with all levels of the company, including remote employees, regarding the Laboratory Manager role
• Ability to process and manage large amounts of information; very well organized
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 10+ years of professional experience in a laboratory setting; or MS in Chemistry or related field with 5+ years experience
• 5+ years in technical management position in supervising
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• Strong knowledge of oleochemistry is strongly preferred
• Prior R&D experience in managing projects and teams
• Prior experience with LIMS, laboratory networking, and ERP software, e.g., SAP, GP or similar, is preferred.
• Extremely organized and manage large amounts of information on a day to day basis.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office required. Strong Microsoft Excel skills necessary.
• Self-directing individual, strong troubleshooting skills, excellent communication skills required
Environmental Operating Solutions, Inc. (EOSi) provides green chemicals and technical services for biological contaminant removal applications in water and wastewater treatment systems. EOSi’s agriculturally-derived line of MicroC® of premium carbon sources address contaminants including nitrogen, phosphorous, selenium and perchlorate. MicroC® products are also used as BOD supplements to sustain biomass during maintenance at industrial wastewater facilities and establish biomass for new plant startups. MicroC® products provide a non-hazardous and environmentally sustainable alternative to methanol or other chemicals used in similar biological contaminant removal applications.
The Company’s MicroC® line of liquid chemicals is currently manufactured at 20 locations across the United States and is utilized by over 500 wastewater treatment plants committed to a safer, more effective, and environmentally sustainable solution compared with methanol and other carbon sources. In addition, EOSi offers highly specialized technical expertise and support to help plant engineers and operators optimize the use of its products and achieve their effluent performance objectives. EOSi is also engaged in research and development efforts focused on bringing the next generation of biological contaminant removal solutions to the market. Environmental Operating Solutions, Inc. is a venture-backed, high growth company established in 2003 and is based in Bourne, Massachusetts (Cape Cod).
Environmental Operating Solutions Inc. (EOSi) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. EOSi maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment background checks.